what do you think about this new solution ?


dimanche 19 janvier 2014

The Top 10 Cigarette Smoking Effects on the Body

All smokers are fully aware of the devastating effects that smoking has on the body. I was a smoker for 15 years, and this list is not designed to scare all the smokers out there, although it just might.
1. The smokers cough. If you have smoked for any length of time you will have the smokers cough. You may think this is an inconvenience if your a smoker, and most smokers try to hide it. This cough is actually your body trying to get rid of the poisonous fumes you are inhaling on a daily basis. It is the sound of your lungs expelling all the chemicals in tobacco smoke. This is a good thing for your body all though you may not think so.
2. Stained teeth. After smoking for so long I was well aware of my yellow stained teeth. I got into the habit of smiling with my mouth closed, a lot of smokers do this. Sure, you can go and get your teeth whitened these days, but sooner or later the stains will be back if you continue to smoke.
3. Yellow fingers. This is basically the same problem as stained teeth. I used to rotate my finger when smoking so one would not get stained too much. If you smoke roll ups this problem will be even worse. No amount of scrubbing will get rid of it, the only solution is to stop using the same finger.
4. Shortness of breath. I always played a lot of sport even though I smoked. As the years went by I found I always started coughing after any kind of physical exercise. Your lung capacity is reduced by smoking. I found that I could not hold my breath for very long. One of the worst experiences I had was during a physical test for work. You know the kind I mean, when you have to blow into a meter to test lung capacity, and you just know that your attempt will be well below average. You then get a read out that tells you that you have the lungs of a 50 year old, and your only 35.
5. Circulation problems. Smoking blocks arteries and reduces blood flow. I always seemed to feel the cold, especially in my feet. If I got into a hot bath when my feet were cold it caused a lot of pain. Smoking can also lead to varicose veins and impotence.
6. Grey complexion. You can tell a heavy smoker from the way their skin looks. They look grey and paler than non smokers. Smoking makes your skin age quicker. You may not think this is a problem when you are young, but you will see the effects of cigarette smoking when you get older. You are starving your skin of essential nutrients.
7. Lack of energy. I always thought I did not suffer from this problem. At the age of 36 I was a keen sportsman and ran regularly, I liked to keep fit. Sounds a bit stupid doesn't it, I mean I smoked 20 cigarettes a day and I sort of blanked my mind from what I was doing to my body by smoking. It was only when I stopped smoking that I found I had so much more energy. I would wake up in the morning feeling completely awake, when I smoked I had to drag myself out of bed. I also found I could run further and faster. The reason is that when you smoke you are starving your body of oxygen, and this leads to a lack of energy.
8. Dry mouth. I used to wake up in the morning with a mouth that felt like sandpaper. I wondered how my tongue could be so dry. You just get used to this effect, and it gets worse the longer you smoke. It makes your breath smell and you don't even care.
9. Taste and smell. When you smoke you gradually lose the ability to smell things properly and your taste buds don't work like they used to. When I stopped smoking I found these two senses returned very quickly, making meals much tastier. You will smell of tobacco smoke if you smoke, but you can't tell. Just try smelling your clothes after a night out in the company of smokers when you don't smoke. This is what you smell like all the time.
10. Dizzy spells. If I got out of the bath too quickly I would get funny bright lights in my head. It was a strange sensation, and it affects some smokers more than others. Most people will get dizzy spells if they sit upright quickly, but a smoker will feel more dizzy because they have less oxygen in their bodies.
This list does not include the most common cigarette smoking effects on the body such as lung cancer, heart disease and the many others. These are added bonuses you can expect if you smoke. Most smokers don't think they will contract these diseases. I just blanked my mind to them when I smoked. The reality is that 1 in 2 smokers will die from their addiction if they continue to smoke.
If you are a smoker and you are suffering from these side effects the only way to get rid of them is to stop smoking. I found the process of stopping smoking enjoyable, yep you heard that right. You too can stop smoking and find it not only easy, but enjoyable.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Antony_Cassidy

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire